Sunday, November 9, 2008

OBAMA IS OUR NEW PRESIDENT!

I have kept away in getting involved in politics but I need to speak up. I have consistently heard following the election how our new president is an "obamination" to the future of America. Whoever you voted for we have to trust and realize that God is control and nothing happens unless he gives the OK nod. It is not about Obama or Bush or whoever, it is about believing that God is bigger than all this and he is control. Secondly, we are called to pray and support our leaders. We may disagree with them but our best answer is to get involved and to pray.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree! Although I did not chose Barak Obama, I realize the importance of submission to those in authority. (God IS the ultimate authority, of course) I believe as Christians, we may have put too much faith in George Bush, instead of Christ; we will no doubt face some persecution in the upcoming term. I think the time of "status quo" is over & most of us will need to really begin to live out our faith as never before and some of us (myself included) may be called to a deeper degree of trust, even in the face of adversity. That is when the early church began to thrive-is it not?

April said...

Well Said and 100% Agree!