Wednesday, August 11, 2010

YOU WILL BE MISSED!


It is a difficult time to see our high school graduates go off to schools all over the world. We are so proud of each and every one of them. The only thing about this go around of graduates is that one of them is mine. My boy is going off to a university in another state and man am I going to miss him. Although I am sad to say goodbye, I am excited to see how he will use his God-given abilities to make an impact on the world. God has a wonderful plan for Trenton but it is not easy for me as a parent to see my son transition. As a parent and the pastor of lots of graduates that will be transitioning in a few weeks I want to share some thoughts that I have been messing with these days. What can I say to some of those who are transitioning?

Dear Senior, We are so proud of each and every one of you. God has a wonderful plan for you, and if you stay faithful to him, you will see that plan come to fruition. As you finish one chapter of your life and get ready to start a new one, always cling to the redeeming power of God’s love. High School is difficult, but trust us – life will only get tougher from here, and you will experience new challenges with every step you take. But you have the love of Christ, which will comfort and encourage you during all of life’s hardships. Always stay committed in your relationship with Christ, continuing from the spiritual foundation you built during high school. We pray that you will always recognize God’s presence in your life, remaining faithful to his perfect love and magnificent purpose. Remember— your identity is in Christ! You have the power to truly make a difference in the world. Keep us updated on all the exciting things you do in the future. We’d love to see you! God Bless, Pastor Chuck

My son will leave with all the many who will make that transition this fall and I will truly miss him. No matter how hard it is to see my son leave there is one thing I hang onto…the best is yet to come. Each day we think about how proud of him we are. We really believe that God has great things in store for Trenton. I love you Trent! Your Dad

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sure is nice to see you finally blogging again. I sure do love to see your heart.... IN PRINT! God bless you, PC!